BVLDAMS is a non-profit organization registered in the Province of BC with charitable status. We have been operating as a coalition of citizens, industry, local business, health professionals, environmental scientists and community planners since November 2002.
Our mandate is to educate, and increase the understanding of , the public, environmental organizations, government and the press about environmental preservation and restoration by offering workshops, seminars, training and lectures on the topic of air quality and its importance.
We also conduct research relating to air quality, and to disseminate to the public the results of such research.
The AMS has completed the following milestones:
- Formed a society that includes board members from provincial & local governments, industry & the public;
- First Airshed Management Plan in 2004;
- Woodstove exchange program in the BVLD airshed created and implemented for 6 years, beginning in 2006;
- Host an Annual Open Burners forum; used to organize and ensure forest harvesting and agricultural debris burning occurs during good venting conditions;
- Produced a Local government toolkit with policy and communication materials to promote fine particulate (PM 2.5) emission reductions;
- Website with Airshed Management Plan, history, information & resources (www.cleanairplan.ca);
- Custom venting forecasting system developed and implemented from 2004 to present; and
- Completion of an updated Airshed Management Plan (2012).
Check out the following slideshow
We would like to acknowledge the support of the Bulkley Valley Research Centre. They have provided open access to their facilities and resources and continue to do so for the duration of the OBAC funded aspects of the community action plan for clean air.